Under cover


I did a little more digging on the internet and found the website on the Emerging Artist People's Choice award that was going on at the Gardiner when I visited. Under Cover is the work I actually voted for, although to be honest, none of the entries really appealed to me too much. 


I suppose the ornate gun is somehow a symbol of today's society. I don't really know what to make of it all, but I'm sure someone artsier than I will see the beauty and mystery behind these works. I'll show you the winner tomorrow.

7 comments:

Lowell said...

I agree with your take on this stuff. At first I thought it was a mutant eggshell. Ugh.

RedPat said...

It does nothing for me either!

cieldequimper said...

On dirait un profil (violent) de Miss Piggy.

Olivier said...

surprenant, mais l'art ne veux pas toujours representer quelque chose et souvent ca laisse perplexe ;)

Paul in Powell River said...

Whatever the artist meant, and I read the link, she's over my head. I'l like my ceramics in more conventional forms, thank you.

Birdman said...

Interesting art.

Cezar and Léia said...

hmmm different!
Léia

Post a Comment

I hate the new word verification. Since I have trouble reading those "words", I am assuming others do too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...