Glad for glads


I had very good results with gladiolas in my garden in Jackson. I would plant the beauties in June or July and know they'd open in August. And they always came back - usually bigger and better. I was really sad to leave my garden behind when we came here to Toronto, so I thought some glads would be a nice reminder. I planted twelve of them in my new garden, but I think June was a little too late. Only two of them have bloomed, and it's only been recently. I'm still going to enjoy them while I can though! And I'll know to put them in earlier next year.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful close-up!

Kate said...

I, too, love them. Better late than never. Good luck with them next year!

Regina K said...

Funny, I was just thinking of glads this morning. I saw some mums and for some reason thought of my late mother-in-law who always planted glads. I have not thought of her in ages. Wonderful photo. I know glads bloom in approx 60 days. My mother in law would plant a batch each week in May and have flowers blooming throughout the summer.

Lowell said...

"Glad" they bring back good memories!

It's a superb photograph!

Randy said...

What a beautiful close up.

Louis la Vache said...

At least you have these beauties!

Cezar and Léia said...

ohmigod I'm envious here! Adorable flower I imagine your garden is beautiful! Congrats!
Léia

Post a Comment

I hate the new word verification. Since I have trouble reading those "words", I am assuming others do too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...